Thursday, November 19, 2015

We Have a Countertop!

We finally got our countertop in! I am so excited. Our sink and stove will get hooked up tomorrow. I can use my kitchen again! But just when I can use it, I have to empty it all out. 

Here is my kitchen now. Today the granite went in and the drawer faces and doors came off.



Tomorrow I will get to use this beauty! It will be so nice to not have to walk upstairs to use the bathtub to wash some dishes.


In about 8 days, I will get to take all my pots and pans out of boxes to see how well they fit on the new stove top. The nice square stove top with no weird angles.


Tonight, the kids got to eat dinner at their favorite spot, at the bar. We are becoming very close with Chipotle. There are not many organic options when eating out.


See that door below? That is what my kitchen is changing to, Dove White from Benjamin More.

Now, I just need to come to a decision on the back splash. Both have things I love. The blue is hand crafted and the color just makes me happy. The gray arabesque is a very unique shape...


But what I love most about it is the aged look it has.


The thing I don't like about it is I feel like the color will get lost unless I have a ton of color on my counter. I have 2 more samples of arabesque tile I am picking up tomorrow, but they are just plain porcelain. If I am going to go with the more bland color, I at least have to have the aged look with the lighter edges.

I don't know, maybe I will come up with something completely different after making a 3rd trip to the tile store. I'll let you know next week what I decide.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment