Monday, September 28, 2015

What a Mess!

I have a swiss cheese house now. 


Nothing in this house is normal! Craig and his dad realized that when they were dealing with electrical, he just had to abandon things and run new lines. Why should it be any different with plumbing? There are some strange loops and weird things going on around here.


2 plumbers spend an entire day here on Friday trying to abandon the underground lines, but were unsuccessful in doing that. I don't know much about plumbing but where there should be one 3/4 inch pipe there are 2 and in those 2 pipes water is coming up not one and down another.


So, here is where we are at for today. We are going to re-route everything out of the slab, but the plumber needs to open the walls behind the cabinets so insurance gave us approval to take the cabinets out first. Hopefully we won't see sunken floors under those cabinets when they come out!


Last week was such a roller coaster! Insurance doesn't pay for plumbing and we have had a couple different plumbers come in (maybe I am repeating my self). But one said almost $10,000 to replumb the whole house, but we just want everything out of the slab, another said like $2,500, then $5,000 but if we want copper $11,000. Ugh! All this with our deductible factored in is a bit of a nightmare. We are re-routing everything out of the slab and not going through the floors. So, this seems to be our best option. Hopefully plumbing will get done this week.

As the process goes on, I will be sharing more because this is my life and I don't have much else to blog about when I can't use the main part of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment