Monday, August 24, 2015

Gluten Free Pancakes

I'm still working on those morning meals. Pancakes is a favorite around here, but unless you have some eggs to go with them or some nut butter on top, they are just not a good start to a day. It's basically a bread (turns into sugar in the body) topped with sugar. But, we do have them as a treat on occasion. 

I hate when I start making something only to notice I am out of an ingredient I need! I went to make the pancakes, told the kids that's what we were having and I was completely out of my Pamela's Pancake Mix which is so simple to use. Luckily, I had a ton of Pamela's Bread Mix to replace the all purpose flour in my regular pancake recipe and of course, I used Coconut Oil, my favorite oil for baking.


When ever I use the bread mix, I have noticed my dough is a sticky. Just an observation. It doesn't bother me unless I am making tortillas because you use your hands for those. Even though the dough is a little sticky, they cook great on my cast-iron skillet with a little coconut oil. This is my absolute favorite cooking pan! I use it for EVERYTHING! Plus all I need to do is wipe it clean with a wet cloth when I'm done. I have one in my trailer and one in my kitchen.


First try replacing all purpose flour with my Pamela's Gluten Free Bread Mix and they were a hit with the kids!



If I figure out a tasty high fiber recipe, I will share that as well. In the mean time, these are great for a little treat or to accompany a good protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment