Friday, November 2, 2012

L's Room Before and After

We are finally little by little completing rooms! It is hard, cause another project gets started before a different one is finished. The kids have been sleeping in their rooms since early August and I am just doing the finishing touches. I have one more thing I want to do in L's room, but that might take a little while, so I decided to reveal it now.

Remember this wonderful before?



Disgusting, smelly, pee soaked carpet!


Lovely walls.


And demo, all the subfloor was soaked with pee as well, so that had to come out and get completely replaced with new plywood.


Here we go, welcome to L's new room!


I got inspired by the model homes up the street.


The help we have had and still have was/is amazing. It would not have been worth it and we could not have done it all without all the amazing friends and family!


Another inspiration from the models up the street.


It's coming together!


This is where I am not done. I want a tree painted up the wall on the left and the light pink and dark pink flowers floating over the house.


Some comparisons:

The floor:
The walls:


Stay tuned for C's room or the master bathroom! (Now that I got my pictures off my camera and can actually find them between the 4 different drives on the computer.)

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous room! I LOVE those dark wood floors, and the diamonds on the wall are so adorable. Great work, you should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! You are so amazing, I am in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the walls. I've been eyeing a harlequin pattern for my daughter's room, but I don't think I have the patience. Nice work. :-)

    ReplyDelete