Thursday, May 17, 2012

Deodorant

Since I try to keep any kind of harmful chemicals away from my family, I don't buy antiperspirant. We have been using just deodorant for years now, but my husband, every once and a while will sneak that antiperspirant for work. I have finally found a solution to this.

1. Throw away all antiperspirant containing aluminum
2. Make aluminum free antiperspirant

Yep, make your own with your own scent.

Recipe:

Equal parts Corn Starch and Aluminum Free Baking Powder (I used 1/2 cup each)
2-4 T Coconut Oil
10 drops essential oil (I used lavender)


Mix the starch and baking powder together, then mash in the coconut oil and essential oil. Mix it well until it is an even consistency and store it in a mason jar or reuse a well cleaned out old deodorant container.




This deodorant works quite well. Let me know what you think.


3 comments:

  1. It is amazing how many chemicals on the market we put into our bodies on a daily basis with the idea of health. I read somewhere that if you can't eat the ingredient you should not be putting it in or on your body.

    The items you have listed in your post under deodorant seem very easy to make and use. I'm just thinking of the money I will be saving by using this. The real test will this summer. If it could survive my physical activities, that will be great. I just perspire. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. why the baking powder and not soda?

    ReplyDelete