Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What's growing in the garden

I haven't been out in the garden much, mostly because it's winter and I forgot to do carrots when it rained. We haven't had much rain since. Anyway, I have a garden full of weeds and a few other things.

I was so excited to see these big beautiful strawberries growing. They were tasty and didn't have any rolly pollies eating them!


Here are a few things from the trees. The mango's are so delicious. The kids and I go down the hill on the property we live on and pick about 20 avocados per week. They taste so much better then in the store. Then we have some blood oranges and grapefruit.


Here is the only thing other then those few strawberries really growing well in the garden. We haven't had much rain, but the weather has been super cold which makes tasty lettuce.


So, now I am not buying oranges, grapefruits, avocados, lettuce and eggs when I go grocery shopping. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Your backyard makes my container garden quite jealous!!! Waiting for my little plants to give me some yummy veggies!

    ReplyDelete