Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Refashion T-Shirt

Mr. C had this shirt that wasn't so old, it just didn't fit him so well. I decided to cut it up and make a smaller one for little C.


The color is a little off because of the lighting and my camera settings. I'm learning.

Anyway, I just cut the front out of the front and the sleeves out of the sleeves.


I sewed the sleeves on before I sewed the sides. I wanted to try the other way of doing sleeves. I think this way is great for t-shirts. Putting the sleeves on last I think works better for more fitted shirts.


But sleeves usually aren't a problem for me, it's the necks of t-shirts that give me the most trouble!


Can you tell? It's a little stretched out. I did have to rip out the neck and re-do it, that never seems to make it any better.


The shirt is a tad big because I used a new shirt of C's to trace that is a bit big. I wanted it to fit for a long time. I don't want to do all that work to have him grow out of it in a month. But other then that and the neck, the shirt is perfect. I guess that's not quite perfect.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment