Sunday, January 22, 2012

Recipe - Hearty Pumpkin Muffins

Today's recipe one that is very tasty that I got from a friend. Of course, I have changed it up a bit just like usual. This recipe, however, is delicious on it's own. My version is "Hearty Pumpkin Muffin's"

These muffins are so good and good for you, they have 3 different whole grains in them.


Recipe (My version)
2 c pumpkin
3 c whole wheat flour
1 c flax seed
1 1/2 c white sugar
2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder (aluminum free)
1/3 c oil
1/3 c apple sauce
3 eggs
2 t ground cloves
2 t cinnamon
2 t nutmeg
1 t allspice
1 t salt
1 c oatmeal

Mix all the ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.

Here is the baking powder that I have found, they sell it at Stater Bros.


Yummy muffins waiting to be baked. Please excuse the blurriness. I got a new lens for Christmas and there is a learning curve with all my settings. I'm not perfect so I didn't think my blog should be either. :-)


Yummy...


They make a wonderful breakfast or snack.


Did I mention, these are kid approved?



These muffins are wonderful with my changes, or you can do a few of your own, like adding shredded zuccini. But, I thought I'd give you the original recipe if you wanted to try that too.

Original Recipe
2 c pumpkin
4 c flour
2 c white sugar
2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder (aluminum free)
1/3 c oil
1/3 c apple sauce
3 eggs
2 t ground cloves
2 t cinnamon
2 t nutmeg
1 t allspice
1 t salt

Happy Baking!
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    For a different taste, try adding 1/4 to 1/3 cup cocoa to them. I make pumpking cupcakes with cocoa, but will try this recipe also. I enjoy reading your blog. Glenda Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...the dough was so good I ate so much my tummy hurts, and the muffins are not even out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete