Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Princess Hair

L loves putting towels or shirts on her head. She pretends it's long hair. Every time she sees one of those band things with the fabric down the back she asks for one. I keep telling her, "That's a lot of money when I can just make you one." Yep, I always tell my kids that. I just can't see spending $25 on something so simple.

Well, I FINALLY got around to making it. I don't know why I didn't do it long ago, it took me about 15 minutes.


Obviously I didn't take to time to see how long the "hair" was. But L likes it that long. So, I guess it's perfect.

Here is my non-professional or correct way I made it. The right way would be to make a tube of fabric, fill it with batting and sew it together. I don't have any batting so I used fleece and rolled my fabric.

First, I lined the fleece with my purple, sparkly tule.


Then I rolled it into a tube and zig zagged the edges together. If I wanted to hand stitch it probably would have looked a little better.


Then I sewed the ends together with a zig zag and added my "hair" piece of fabric. I call it hair because that's what L calls it.

Here it is from the front, a little big so she can grow with it. I guess since it only took me 15 minutes I could have made it fit better and then made another one when she grows. I might take it in a little.


Here it is again from the back.


Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment