Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween - Last Minute Costumes

Since I wasn't into Halloween and because I think the reason was that we just don't dress up anymore, I decided yesterday, yes, on Halloween that we were going to dress up! Mr. C always calls us closet hippies. How appropriate, I thought to be hippies for Halloween.

I had this fabric, so I thought I'd start from here.


I bought it FOREVER ago thinking it would make a cute bag. Well, I needed a little hippie sac to go with my outfit.


I used muslin for the lining and it turned out perfect. It holds my keys and phone in it and there is still lots of room. I was able to sneak a little candy in there too.


So here we are in this terrible picture. It was dark and the person taking the picture couldn't see through the camera. You can kind of see my little bell bottoms. I made those to go over my pants and got a couple of shirts at Party City for Mr. C and I. I didn't think I would have enough time to make our shirts considering I started sewing at 2:00 pm.


Here are the children trick-or-treaters.


I just love watching them do things as a team, it's so precious.


Now candy sorting time.


Don't you just love how they sorted their candy? Today C made a list of all the candy he has. Such a kindergartner.


Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment