Monday, August 29, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarten!

C started his first day of kindergarten today. I wasn't sad at all this morning, wasn't really nervous either. But, when I saw another little boy crying I started to get some tears. Then, I looked at C, still all teary eyed, but so thankful that I made the decision to keep him out of school for an extra year. (He just turned 6.) There were no sad or scared feelings from him at all. It was amazing for my shy little boy.


Not so little anymore!


Off they go.


It is so awesome what his school does for the kindergarteners first day. The first day is 2 hours and 20 minutes. A parent or special adult spends the 1st day with the children. It was so incredibly special for the first day. It's such a big transition for kids and it makes it so easy for them. After they had their rug time, we got to go to all the centers in the classroom and do them together. I loved it, because it is so rare for C to have my undivided attention and for it to be in his new classroom really made the transition fun for him. His class room now is a special place. We explored the whole room and playground together today, now tomorrow he knows what to expect. After the first 2 hours, the parents went to listen to the principle for 20 minutes and the kids stayed with teacher. At the end, we picked them up from the door, just like we will every day.

Here is C drawing his face on a plate at one of the centers.


Isn't he handsome? He even has nice eyebrows. He tried to color the teeth white, but it didn't show up so he had to switch to yellow.


As we were leaving, I asked, "So, what did you think of school?" He answered, "I like it!" I was so happy. Our life has now changed to school night routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment