Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Surfboard Paint Job

Remember this?


Well, now Mr. C is so excited for me to share the paint job on it. He worked really hard so there are a lot of pictures...


This was done in stages. Mr. C made a stencil for the skulls and air brushed the board.


He had to take off the paper, but leave the tape on for a line in-between and put new paper on to cover the skulls.



The top is almost finished.


My husband loves to surf, but his biggest fear is sharks. Yes, really! Every time he is out there, he is thinking about sharks, worried about sharks. He plans out his boards so that they are not the colors that attract them. I guess more people have been attached on a yellow board then other colors. He also decided to put a little comfort on his board... Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.



Now, the bottom was also planned out thinking of sharks. He thought if there was contrast of the colors, he wouldn't look like a giant seal in the water. So, he made this stencil also and airbrushed it. Pretty cool, I thought.


And this is what my garage looks like. I haven't been able to park in it for about 4 days now. Hopefully soon!


I will have one more picture of it all glassed and him out on it on the water. Hopefully it surfs, right? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment