Monday, July 11, 2011

Dinner from the Garden

This is one of the reasons I LOVE summer...


All those fresh veggies. They sure look yummy. Too bad they weren't all perfect. The lemon cucumber wasn't quite right and the regular cucumber I let grow too long. I was waiting to see if it was a lemon cucumber and if it was going to change colors. Obviously, it was not!

Isn't this a lovely garlic from the garden?


I was so excited when I saw how big the cloves were. I need to make roasted garlic with one of them.


I put the garlic with some olive oil in this butternut squash that was given to me out of another garden. Mine are not growing yet. I really hope that changes soon because I really love this stuff and because of the hard skin it keeps all winter long. Anyway, I bake it at 375 until it's soft and it is so, so good.


Here is my favorite salad made with all the summer veggies. I have the peppers, red onion, and carrots from the garden then I added some avocado, lettuce, feta cheese and almonds. I tossed it all together and added Trader Joe's Cranberry Walnut Gorgonzola Salad Dressing, my favorite! The only thing missing was the cucumbers.


To go with my salad and butternut squash, I made teriyaki meatballs, bell peppers and onions.


It was a delicious dinner!


Mostly all organic. The meat, avocados, cheese and dressing were not organic, but the rest was.

Did I make you hungry? :-)

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment