Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cabinet Update

Here is what I'm working on today...


I see this every morning when I wake up! So not a pleasant way to wake.

Also, I'm just not in the mood to sew. I have a couple of projects I want to get done, one being an insulated lunch bag for both kids. I'm still finishing the details of how I want to put that one together in my head before I go for it. But those ugly cabinets are what's been bugging me and I have to get them done.

Remember my white trim?



Well, now it's time to finish my room... almost. I'm not tackling the closets yet.

As I've said before, this is a rental. We love the house (layout) and the location is definitely unbeatable, but the house is a bit out dated and old. When I went to take off the doors to paint correctly, the bottom 2 came off beautifully. Then to the top, I couldn't reach and my husband gets up there to do it. The screws are completely stripped! Since we are renting, my husband doesn't want to take the time to do anything to the house so I am stuck trying to do a nice job painting with some of the doors left on.


I am in the primer stage but this is what I have to deal with. Bathroom door on the left, cabinet door on the right. Bathroom door is eventually going to come off and get painted with the bedroom door and the kids doors. But that's another day, another project.

After everything dries, I will paint that cabinet door.

Here is what the trim looks like all over the house.


Whoever painted before didn't even try to be careful. I am so over looking at that. This is the bathroom medicine cabinet. I want to paint that chocolate or black. Haven't decided yet. I guess one thing at a time.

Stay tuned for the final reveal later this week. :-)

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment